A salmon cauliflower rice bowl is one of my favorite things to eat for dinner. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and so satisfying. I like to top mine with avocado, cucumber, scallions, and sesame seeds, then I’ll drizzle on Sriracha and Tamari. This is one of those meals my family has almost weekly because it’s so simple and great for weeknights!
Recipe for Salmon Cauliflower Rice Bowls (serves 4)
- 2 lbs fresh salmon (I like the Whole Foods Norwegian kind)
- 1 lemon
- Garlic salt & lemon pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 long English Cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch scallions
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Tamari and Sriracha
- Seaweed sheets
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle broccoli with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the salmon by rubbing it with 1 Tbs olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon. Sprinkle evenly and generously with salt and pepper and place in the oven on the rack below the broccoli. Bake for 13-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
- While the broccoli and salmon are roasting, chop the cucumber and avocado and place each in small serving bowls.
- For the cauliflower rice, sauté the onions and garlic in 2 Tbs of olive oil until translucent and fragrant. Add the riced cauliflower and cook on medium, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add about 2 Tbs of Tamari and squeeze of Sriracha, depending on your spice tolerance. Stir again and increase heat to high to heat thoroughly just before serving.
- Remove broccoli from the oven, transfer salmon to the top rack and broil on low until the top of the salmon is golden and crispy. Remove from the oven.
- Separate the cauliflower rice and broccoli into 4 serving bowls. Top with a piece of salmon, then with cucumber and avocado. Drizzle with additional Tamari and Sriracha and sprinkle each with a tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Serve with seaweed sheets and enjoy!