Yesterday, I made a pot of quinoa so I would have extra to store in the fridge to use in various recipes. For breakfast this morning, I used some to make breakfast porridge that is more nutritious than traditional oatmeal. I made a berry and banana variation with vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger but there are a lot of possible variations. Here are a few other ideas:
- banana + peanut butter
- raspberries + almond butter
- peanut butter + cocoa powder
- savory variation: poached egg + fresh herbs
Recipe for Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Cooked quinoa
- Cashew milk (or any other milk)
- Ripe banana (the riper, the better)
- Toppings (mixed berries, banana, almond butter, peanut butter, etc.)
- Spices (vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, etc.)
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add quinoa and milk of choice. Microwave for about 1 minute, or until porridge it hot.
- Add spices and stir, then top with whatever topping variation you desire.
- If you like your porridge a little sweeter, add pure maple syrup or raw honey and enjoy!