I made this smoothie bowl almost by accident this morning. I was craving a berry smoothie and ended up with a thick, sorbet like mixture that I could top with almond butter and shredded coconut! This is a great recipe to whip up quickly and you can get really creative with the toppings. Banana and strawberry would be a good addition, or you could top with maca powder and flaxseeds!
Recipe for Berry Smoothie Bowl with Almond Butter and Coconut
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- handful of kale
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like Raw Protein)
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a high powered blender, combine the first five ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie (should be a thick consistency) into your favorite deep bowl.
- Top with almond butter, shredded coconut, and cinnamon and enjoy!