Upon the discovery of this recipe, I knew I had to make it right away. It’s a combination of so many things I love, namely kimchi, cauliflower rice, and kale, and provides the ideal platform for a fried egg. I used two different kinds of kimchi, one from Farmhouse Culture, another from Wildbrine, to infuse the flavors of ginger and traditional red pepper. Next time, I might try it with just the Farmhouse culture because I preferred the ginger flavor but there are numerous other brands that would also be amazing. I would also be interested in trying the recipe as more traditional fried rice, where the egg is scrambled in the dish. The possibilities really are endless!
Recipe for Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice (Goop’s slightly modified)
- 1 bag of riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small bunch of dinosaur (lacinto) kale, ribs removed, leaves sliced into ribbons
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- fresh eggs
- Heat the coconut and sesame oils in a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat.
- Add the kale and cauliflower and sauté until the kale is wilted and the cauliflower is beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the scallions, kimchi, ground ginger, and tamari.
- Serve into bowls and top each with an egg (or two!) fried in coconut oil. Enjoy!