These brownies are absolutely dreamy: flourless, double chocolate, moist and fudgy, made with coconut oil. They’re pretty much everything I’ve ever dreamed about for a brownie and exceed all expectations. I made these for our Valentine’s Day celebration and they were a huge hit. Whether you’re looking for a tasty recipe to make for a girls night in or an afternoon sweet treat, these are beyond perfect. Make them and you’ll see why! I mean, talk about “love at first bite”….
P.S. If you’re looking for something a little less indulgent but still tasty and satisfying, give my black bean brownies a try!
Recipe for Flourless Dark Chocolate Coconut Oil Brownies (adapted from Running with Spoons)
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 60%, I used these)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (if straight out of the fridge, place in a bowl of very warm water for about 3-4 minutes)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or organic raw sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 3 pinches of fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a square cake pan with aluminum foil.
- Add coconut oil and chocolate chips to a small saucepan set over low heat. Stir until oil and chocolate have melted before removing from heat and setting aside to cool slightly.
- Vigorously whisk together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and pale, about 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until well combined. Add cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sand spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes, until center is set. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!