I have tried making chia seed pudding a few times before and have never really been fully satisfied with the outcome… until now. Rachel Mansfield has been all about it recently, so I decided to give it another try and the results exceeded all expectations! Cashew milk and cashew butter, chia seeds, and soaked dates made up the bulk of this pudding and I added ground flaxseeds to thicken it up. Top with your favorite fresh fruit, granola, coconut flakes, or more nut butter and enjoy!
Recipe for Game-changing Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs ground flax seeds
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tbs cashew butter
- dash of pure vanilla and almond extract
- pinch of cinnamon and sea salt
- Place the dates in a microwaveable cup and cover with water. Microwave for about 90 seconds to soften dates. Drain and place the dates in blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until thoroughly combined and a pudding-like consistency.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to thicken.
- Top with fresh fruit, granola, coconut flakes, nut butter, or enjoy straight out of the container!