The very first time I saw this recipe, I knew I had stumbled upon something amazing. I’m completely obsessed with anything nut-butter related and luckily, so are my sisters. One evening, my sister Isabel and I made these, and let me tell you, they are so so good. Once you take one bite, you’ll be in heaven. These little “cookie crisps” are addicting. Made with smooth, creamy peanut butter, a touch of pure maple syrup, and applesauce to keep moist, these are the best homemade “cereal” crisps out there!
Recipe for Oat Flour Peanut Butter Cookie Crisp Cereal (adapted from RachLMansfield)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add first 4 ingredients into mixing bowl and mix until combined with Kitchen Aid or mixer of choice.
- Add oat flour and baking powder and mix until dough forms.
- Roll dough into small penny size balls and place onto lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy with your choice of milk!