Honestly, this banana bread is my new go-to recipe. It is out-of-this-world moist, flavorful, and perfectly sweet. I didn’t add any sweetener or oil, which make the recipe that much better. I’d also like to mention that it is paleo so it nourishing without any added fake stuff. There are also so many variations I want to try: an almond butter dark chocolate version, a sunflower seed butter and toasted pecans version, etc. My cousin (who recently became paleo) just broke her collarbone so I plan on bringing by a muffin version of this perhaps topped with some coconut sugar and toasted almonds… yum. Seriously make this now, you will not be disappointed.
Recipe for (Paleo) Banana Bread (adapted from RachlMansfield)
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1.5 tbs applesauce
- Splash of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon and sea salt
- 1 tbs raw hemp seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a non-stick loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Place the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix until just combined.
- Spread evenly in the loaf pan and top with desired toppings. (I used sliced banana and hemp seeds but you could also use chocolate chips, toasted nuts, coconut flakes, etc.)
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until ends are golden. Enjoy!
Topped with Almond Butter, Cinnamon, and more Hemp Seeds