This is a wonderful weekend brunch or lunch! The sautéed red onion in coconut oil gives the dish such an amazing comforting flavor and the sausage and kale tie the dish together. You can use any sausage you’d like, even breakfast sausage with thyme and maple. If you like poached eggs, follow the method below but if you prefer a scramble, simple scramble the eggs and pour over the sauté! Enjoy!
Recipe for Sautéed Onion and Kale Egg Skillet
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped kale
- salt and freshly cracked and pepper
- 1 chicken or turkey sausage
- 1 large egg
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sauté red onion and garlic in coconut oil for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add kale, sausage, salt, and pepper and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Crack an egg on top and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and enjoy!