It’s no secret carrot cake is my favorite dessert. My mom makes it every year for my birthday and I practically drool when I see it offered at a restaurant. This year for Easter, I decided to make a raw, low sugar version that can be made in under 10 minutes! The vegan maple cashew cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping. Enjoy these bars post-Easter brunch or as a delicious snack!
Recipe for Raw Carrot Cake with Maple Cashew Frosting
- ½ cup of drained crushed pineapple (try to drain as much liquid as possible)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup organic shredded carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
for the maple cashew cream cheese:
- ¾ cup raw cashews (soaked overnight in warm water)
- 1 1/2 tbs coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- Add all ingredients except for the shredded carrot to a food processor and pulse until dough is formed.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil and press dough into the dish to form bars.
- Freeze bars while preparing the maple cashew cream cheese frosting.
- For the frosting, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until completely creamy.
- Layer on top of the carrot cake bars and freeze for another 30-40 minutes to set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!