My sister Helena loves making these paleo muffins and they turn out perfectly every time. We like enjoying them for breakfast or as part of an afternoon snack with some almond butter and honey. They’re lightly very sweetened and have amazing flavor! You could also make them with just blueberries, but I’m partial to the pretty (and delicious) mixed berry combo. Make a double batch as they freeze really well!
Recipe for Helena’s Mixed Berry Paleo Muffins
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs raw honey
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups, or oil with coconut oil.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, almond milk, coconut oil, and egg.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!