Now that the bulk of the winter season is over, I wake up craving a smoothie or smoothie bowl almost every morning. For those rare mornings when I want eggs and avocado, I almost always have a smoothie later in the afternoon. Not only are they nutrient-rich and incredibly tasty, but they are truly satisfying. I don’t search for something after I finish to fill me up. With the right balance of protein and healthy fats, they can squash any craving and make you happy almost instantaneously. I’d call it “love at first bite”!
Recipe for Blackberry Smoothie Bowl with Banana, Almond Butter, and Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh blackberries + more for topping
- 1 handful fresh kale (or any green)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 1 tbs raw hemp hearts
- a few slices of banana
- Blend the first five ingredients in a high powered blender on high until thick and smooth.
- Top with additional blackberries, almond butter, banana, and hemp hearts. Enjoy!