Every summer, I make the same thing every morning for breakfast. This isn’t intentional… I just happen to get really into whatever it is and make it on repeat! Last summer it was avocado with two crispy fried eggs and red pepper flakes. This summer it’s a coconut butter kale smoothie with reishi and ashwagandha! As always, the add-ins are optional but they’re great for healing and energy. The smoothie is so delicious and refreshing and keeps me full and satisfied until lunch. Seriously, do yourself a favor and make it because you’ll start to look forward to waking up and having it in the morning!
Recipe for Coconut Butter and Kale Smoothie with Reishi and Ashwagandha
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large handfuls organic curly kale
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbs flax meal
- 1 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1 tbs coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp reishi
- 1/4 tsp ashwagandha
- Place all ingredients in the order listed into a high powered blender (I use a vitamix).
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until thick and frothy.
- Add ice if desired and blend again.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!