These bowls are absolute perfection. Sophia and I couldn’t decide what we wanted one evening for dinner and were going back and forth between chimichurri bowls and mahi mahi and settled for these mahi mahi bowls. The charred corn and toasted tortillas add a depth of flavor that is phenomenal with the tequila lime fish. These are also great because even though they seem complicated, they’re rather simple with the spicy black beans and easy salad assembly. Mix yourself a margarita or open a mojito kombucha and enjoy with friends or family!
- 8 oz mahi mahi (preferably marinated in a tequila lime seasoning)
- 1 can Whole Foods spicy black beans
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup cilantro vinaigrette
- 1 lime
- 1 ear corn
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs red onion, diced
- salsa of choice
- high quality corn tortillas
- drink of choice (mojito kombucha strongly reccomended)
- For the cilantro cabbage, combine cabbage, lettuce, red onion, and cilantro dressing in a large bowl and season with salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat up the black beans on the stove and keep to the side until ready to serve.
- Make the guacamole by combining the smashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, a squeeze of lime, and salt & pepper.
- Heat up a very, very hot dry skillet and toss the corn in. Toss gently to char. Remove when browned evenly but not burnt.
- Place the tortillas into the pan to warm.
- Cook the mahi mahi in the same pan about 3 minutes on each side, until cooked.
- Assemble bowls by playing the tortilla to the side or on the bottom, then the salad and the rest of the toppings and fish. Enjoy with a drink or a mojito kombucha!