If there is one dish you should make this summer, this is it. My sister Sophia and I made these one warm Friday evening and were astonished by the quality of the bowls. Honestly, something this amazing couldn’t really be found in a restaurant and roasting all the veggies and making all of the components only added to the experience. While we spent the evening relaxing and cooking, this could easily be recreated (of course not to the same extent but delicious nonetheless) with roasting sweet potatoes and onions for about 20 minutes and grilling the salmon quickly. I’m also interested in trying this bowl with the Kite Hill nut cheese as I think the flavors would work beautifully.
Recipe for Salmon Bowls with Roasted Veggies, Microgreens, and Herbed Labneh
Ingredients, serves 2
- 1 Japanese sweet potato, sliced into thin circles
- 4 carrots, cut lengthwise then halved
- 2 zucchini, cut into thick circles
- 1 large red onion, cubed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 oz high quality salmon
- microgreens of choice
- salt and pepper
- cumin, paprika, garlic powder, turmeric
- high quality olive oil and ghee
- plain labneh
- fresh garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line 3 baking sheets with parchment.
- Cut all veggies according to prep list and add to separate bowls to mix with oil and spices. First coat with specified oil, then mix with spices:
- sweet potato + ghee + garlic powder + salt & pepper
- carrots + olive oil + salt & pepper
- zucchini + olive oil + turmeric + cumin + salt & pepper
- red onion + olive oil + salt & pepper
- Place all veggies in oven and roast for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the vegetables roast, prepare the salmon. Coast evenly with only about half a tablespoon of olive oil and with lots of lemon juice. Evenly coat with lots of garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Roast salmon for about 5 minutes at 375º then broil on high until just cooked.
- For the herbed labneh, finely chop chives and mix with labneh and about 2 cloves of minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper and place in a dish for serving.
- Check all of the veggies and salmon to make sure they’re all cooked through.
- Assemble the bowls by layering roasted veggies, then salmon, finished with microgreens, a squeeze of lemon juice and labneh. Enjoy!