One of the most underrated deserts is chocolate covered banana. The combination of a pure dark chocolate with a sweet banana is really satisfying and requires minimal effort to prepare. These skewers are the slightly elevated version of the classic, dressed up with chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and other various toppings. Keep in your freezer to enjoy yourself or bring to a summer pool party! Everyone will love them!
Recipe for Dark Chocolate Strawberry and Banana Skewers
- 1 cup high quality dark chocolate
- 2 tbs unsweetened nut milk
- 1 basket organic strawberries, washed and tops cut off
- 2 bananas, sliced into chunks
- various toppings:
- shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
- cocoa nibs
- chopped banana chips
- hemp or chia seeds
- bee pollen
- almond or peanut butter drizzle
- coconut butter drizzle
- 6 skewers
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add the nut milk. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip either part or all of the strawberry or banana (alternating) in the chocolate mixture then immediately roll in desired topping. Try one of these combos:
- Chopped hazelnuts with cocoa nibs
- Chopped banana chips and almond butter drizzle
- Coconut butter drizzle with hemp seed
- Skewer fruit and chill in the freezer about 25-30 minutes (if you can resist that long!) before serving. Enjoy!