If you have ever heard of the company Eating Evolved, you have heard of coconut butter cups. They market theirs as “keto cups”, essentially little coconut fat cups with dark chocolate. The keto cups are so highly coveted that almost as soon as they are restocked, they sell out. I decided that I wouldn’t have to purchase them if I just made them myself! After taking a look at their ingredients, I’ve created my own recipe for coconut butter cups that I’d say are pretty darn amazing. Sugar-free, dairy-free, and finger-licking good, these cups are now in my freezer as a staple to have at all times.
Recipe for Coconut Butter Cups
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup high-quality cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tbs coconut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- mini candy cups
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Stir in the cocoa powder.
- In an additional saucepan, melt the coconut butter and add the vanilla extract.
- Line a mini muffin tin with the candy cups.
- In each candy cup, pour about a teaspoon of the cocoa mixture and freeze for about 5 minutes until solid.
- Then, place a heaping teaspoon of the coconut butter in each cup and freeze again.
- Top each cup with the rest of the cocoa.
- Optional: garnish with a sprinkle of salt flakes.
- Freeze until almost solid, then enjoy!