I have made a lot of pesto over the years with lots of variations. One of my favorites include kale and sundried tomato pesto, which I’ll be making again and sharing soon. For now, this is a great go-to pesto that can be made on the weekend and saved to enhance any weeknight dish. It’s simple, flavorful, and incredibly versatile. It’s also great because the arugula could be subbed for spinach or whatever other green you have on hand, and the walnuts could just as easily be toasted almonds or pine nuts. Enjoy!
Recipe for Arugula Basil Pesto
- 2 large handfuls baby arugula
- 2 large bunches organic basil, washed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender, starting with the oil.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add more salt, pepper, lemon juice, or garlic if desired.
- Serve with veggies as an appetizer or with a dinner bowl! Store extra in the fridge or in the freezer.