Cauliflower pancakes for breakfast! These are the perfect thing to make when you want something savory and satisfying but still a treat. I concocted these one morning with just a little steamed cauliflower from dinner the night before, almond flour, and an egg! Couldn’t be simpler. I loved them with avocado and a crispy fried egg, but you could also try a sweet potato version and enjoy them with a sweet topping such as almond butter and banana! This recipe is for two people but you could easily double it and cook the pancakes and refrigerate or freeze them. Enjoy within a couple days of refrigerating for best results. Serve with coffee or tea at your next weekend brunch!
Recipe for Savory Cauliflower Pancakes
- 1/4 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Mash cauliflower in a mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix to combine.
- Heat up either a griddle or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Oil with avocado oil, olive oil, or ghee.
- Spoon about 2 tbs of batter onto the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or once bubble start to form on the top. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a fried egg and avocado!