I can’t think of a better summer dessert than a stone fruit galette with a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream… I mean nothing looks, smells, or tastes more like summer! I won’t lie, I used a beautiful Whole Foods pastry fresh (wink wink) from the freezer. It made the assembly so quick and easy that I’m confident I could do it any night of the week. It’s also a super great thing to bring to a summer BBQ or to impress dinner guests! If you’d like to make your own pie crust, I’d recommend Bon Appétit’s, but for a healthier rendition, the Minimalist Baker’s looks tasty!
Recipe for Perfect Peach Galette (adapted from Martha Stewart)
- 4-5 ripe peaches (or any stone fruit)
- 1/3 cup raw turbinado sugar (+ more for sprinkling)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbs arrowroot starch
- 1 perfect pie crust (recommendations above)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then parchment. Stir together fruit, raw sugar, lemon juice, salt, and arrowroot starch.
- Transfer the pie crust to the baking sheet and lay flat. Arrange fruit in center, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over border to enclose fruit, leaving center open. Brush crust with egg, and sprinkle with additional raw sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling in center, about 45 minutes, then enjoy with fresh ice cream!