I have been dreaming about making the perfect baked apple for quite some time now. It wasn’t until this morning when I woke up early and had some extra time so prep and bake it that it actually happened! This is a super simple fall recipe that can be made for breakfast, dessert, or snack at any time and it’s healthy and beyond satisfying! The coconut oil and spices made this treat sweet enough for me, but you could also add a touch of maple syrup or a sprinkle of coconut sugar. Enjoy with a dollop of yogurt or just as is!
Basic Recipe for Spiced Baked Apple with Caramelized Almond Butter
- Wash an apple & remove the core while keeping the bottom in tact. Place in a small oven-safe ramekin.
- Melt 2 tbs of coconut oil and mix with cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, & a pinch of sea salt. Stir in vanilla extract and drizzle over the entire apple, letting some of the extra pool at the bottom of the ramekin.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350 for about 50 mins to an hour, or until tender and smells deeeelicious!
- Remove, place the apple on a plate, and to make the “caramel” almond butter, mix 2 tbs of almond butter with the juices at the bottom of the ramekin.
- Drizzle on top of the apple and top with toasted walnuts and raisins!