An October Sunday morning really wouldn’t feel complete without a hot cup of pumpkin spiced chai! ☕️ This is my all time favorite recipe due to the kick of ginger and spicy/ sweet notes. I like pairing it with full-fat coconut milk, but you could also enjoy it with almond milk, regular milk, or plain! This is the perfect thing to brew on the weekend and enjoy through the week!
Recipe for Pumpkin Spiced Chai
- 1 oz fresh ginger, sliced (unpeeled)
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbs cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 16 oz cold water
- 2 tbs assam harmony loose tea
- 2-4 tbs pumpkin puree
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large heavy pot with the water.
- Gently bring to a simmer and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tea, remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain through chinois, then add the pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Store cold, then reheat with an equal amount of whole milk to serve, or a touch of coconut milk.