My sisters and I enjoy this dinner weekly because it’s so easy and absolutely incredible. Served with a green salad and warm cauliflower rice it’s basically the only winter chicken recipe you’ll ever need! I’ll usually prepare it the night before: make the marinade and throw it in the slow cooker with the chicken thighs, prunes, and olives. The flavor really infuses the chicken and makes it even better! In the morning I’ll set the slow-cooker to low and leave it for about 4 hours and dinner is ready!
Recipe for Green Olive and Prune Chicken
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs dried oregano
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- ¾ cup good olive oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups pitted green olives
- 2 cups pitted prunes
- ¼ cup capers
- 6 large chicken thighs
- To make the sauce, simply combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the bottom of a large slow cooker and top with prunes, green olives, capers, and bay leaves.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and let sit overnight.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for about 4 hours or on high for 2-3! Note: cooking time varies based on size of chicken thighs and your individual slow cooker so just keep an eye on it!
- Enjoy over cauliflower rice and with a green salad!