These bites are no joke! Sweetened with dates, and spiced with all the fall flavors, you will want to eat the entire batch. The salted almond butter and 100% dark chocolate drizzle complement the richness of the bite so well and round out the treat to absolute perfection. They’re seriously addicting and the best halloween dessert out there as far as I’m concerned! Also, they freeze incredibly well so make a double batch to have on hand for when a craving strikes (:
Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Truffle Bites
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 tbs unsweetened nut milk (or water!)
- 3-4 pitted medjool dates, soaked in hot water for about 15 mins, then drained
- 1/2 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- just under 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbs unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbs creamy almond butter
- 1 tbs shredded coconut
- In a high speed blender combine the pumpkin, dates, nut milk, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth, adding more milk slowly as necessary to blend until you have a thick paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the coconut flour. Mix to form a ball of dough.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwaveable dish and microwave for about 30 seconds, then stir to melt completely.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and drizzle almond butter on top. Drizzle on the chocolate and top with shredded coconut.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze for about 5 mins until completely firm!