This is without question the best gingerbread I have ever had. Even better than my gingerbread recipe with candied ginger and greek yogurt frosting, and that’s really saying something. If there’s one holiday bread recipe you make this year, it must be this one! Moist, fluffy, and incredibly ginger-y, it’s one of my favorite winter treats. Enjoy it with a scoop of whole milk yogurt and a drizzle of almond butter, or as-is with a big cup of tea!
Recipe for New & Improved Gingerbread
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxmeal
- 1 cup spelt flour (or AP, whole wheat, oat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp each powdered ginger and cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a bread pan with coconut oil or use nonstick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, molasses, maple syrup, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and flaxseed. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir to just combine.
- Pour into a bread pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.