If there’s one thing I love as an afternoon snack, it’s a protein-packed, satisfying bran muffin. The oat bran adds a layer of nutty flavor that enhances the muffin and makes them super satisfying. The rest of the ingredients in these delicious little treats each deliver plenty of nutrients to make these the healthiest muffins ever. They’re sweetened from banana only so don’t spike your blood sugar levels and the Greek yogurt and scoop of protein powder make these ideal for a filling snack. They’re also completely gluten-free & flourless, and you could make them vegan with a flax egg! For breakfast, I prefer these with blueberries or raspberries, but for an afternoon treat, I’m partial to chocolate chips. Enjoy these with a glass of almond milk or a cup of tea!
Recipe for Banana Oat Bran Muffins
- 1 2/3 cup oat bran (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs vanilla extract (or a flax egg!)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Add- ins: blueberries, chocolate chips, hemp seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas well. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then mix in whatever add-ins you like!
- Scoop about 2 tbs of batter into each muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Mallow muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!