Have you ever searched for an oil-free, flourless, no sugar added muffin recipe and found absolutely nothing that looks even remotely appetizing? Well, whether or not you have, here you are and you found one that’s about to change your life (whether you were looking or not!)!
This is the banana muffin recipe I have been searching for my entire life (is that too dramatic?). It’s naturally sweetened, oil-free, and honestly the best recipe out there. I really loved the vanilla/ blueberry combo, but I always welcome creativity/ substitutions in my recipes so here are a few other variations that would also be so delicious!
- chopped cranberries + orange zest
- cinnamon + chopped golden raisins
- shredded carrots & zucchini + walnut halves
- coconut flakes + chocolate chips
- raspberries + chopped pecans
Recipe for Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 very ripe banana
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with baking cups or spray with coconut oil.
- Place the bananas, almond butter, almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking powder, and flax meal. Add to the blender and pulse until just combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Place just under ¼ cup batter into each muffin tin and top with additional blueberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, allow muffins to cool briefly, then enjoy!