These chickpea blondies are the most unexpectedly delicious treat! I’ve made more than a couple of bars/ brownies with a surprise ingredient (see Black Bean Brownies) and every time, I am pleasantly surprised. These chickpea blondies followed suit. They were creamy, fudgy, chocolatey and pure goodness. It’s safe to say I’ll be making these a lot now that I’ve perfected the ultimate healthy recipe and I’ll be beyond satisfied with every bite. Enjoy!
Recipe for Chickpea Blondies
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (well!)
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract (the higher the quality, the better)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips, chunks, or shavings
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and prepare a glass baking pan with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate in a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more almond milk if needed. The mixture should be the consistency of thick cake batter— pourable but thick.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into the oiled glass pan.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chunks and sprinkle with flakey salt if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy with your favorite milk!