This coconut milk ice cream will change the way you think about summer dessert. Simple, delicious, and 100% customizable, this dairy-free, date-sweetened treat is my new favorite ice cream. I created this recipe starting with two simple ingredients: a can of coconut milk, and 100% pure, organic vanilla bean powder (you could also use a vanilla bean). To make the ice cream just a little sweet, I added some soaked dates and then enhanced the flavor with a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of sea salt. Just 5 ingredients and there you have it– the best coconut milk ice cream ever!
A couple serving suggestions…
- a sprinkle of coconut flakes & cocoa nibs
- fresh berries or berry chia seed jam
- with coconut oil brownies or black bean brownies
- mix in crumbles of chickpea blondies
- with a scoop of almond butter & slices of banana
- sandwiched in between gingersnap cookies
- a big scoop atop my dark chocolate almond butter skillet cookie!
Recipe for Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 6-8 pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 5-10 mins, then drained
- pinch maldon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Place the mixture in your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer´s directions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, you could transfer the blended mixture in a freezer-safe air tight container and freeze until solid!