Matcha is everywhere these days and when made traditionally, it’s a great way to get a kick of energy without any unhealthy add-ins. Ever since I had an unsweetened iced soy matcha at my favorite coffee shop in Isla Vista, Caje, I have been dying to recreate it at home. I decided to add various Sunpotions to my matcha to give myself a boost and the coconut butter makes the drink incredibly frothy. I don’t sweeten mine, however a squeeze of honey or a splash of maple syrup would be excellent. Enjoy hot or poured over ice!
Recipe for Matcha Latte with Cordyceps, Reishi, and Ashwagandha
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (hemp, coconut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- 1.5 tsp high quality matcha
- 1 tbs coconut butter
- 1 tsp sweetener such as honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
- ¼ tsp ashwagandha
- ¼ tsp cordyceps
- ¼ tsp reishi
- dash of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender (I use a vitamix), liquid first.
- Sweeten to taste and pour into your favorite mug or over ice to enjoy!