As soon as I was emailed a recipe for a grain-free crisp, I knew I had to make one. A stone fruit crisp is pretty much everything you could ever want for a summer dessert: it can be prepared ahead of time, is excellent warm or cooled, and requires minimal ingredients and active cooking time. Furthermore, after you have made it, you can eat it at basically anytime of the day, whether you’d like it with some yogurt for breakfast or on its own for snack or dessert. I chose strawberry and peaches because both were especially sweet and delicious, but I’d love to try other combos such as mixed berry, nectarine and raspberry, and cherry and blackberry. I’ve been dreaming of it with served freshly made ice cream… absolute heaven. Enjoy!
Recipe for Strawberry & Peach Grain-Free Crisp
- 4 organic peaches
- 2 small baskets organic strawberries
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tbs arrowroot starch
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup coconut sugar or turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Wash the strawberries and peaches and cut each into large chunks, about 1” cubes.
- Place the cut fruit into a large glass baking dish and add maple syrup, arrowroot starch, and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the other 6 ingredients and mix well until a crumble forms. Make sure to incorporate the melted coconut oil really well.
- Top the fruit with the crumble mixture, making sure to evenly distribute the topping.
- Bake in the center rack of your oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve alone or with freshly made ice cream or plain yogurt. Enjoy!