These bowls were absolutely dreamy and a lot easier to make than they look! Proof: when a good friend of mine was over helping me with some photo editing (hopefully for a cookbook!), we whipped these up in about 30 minutes. If you have a variety of fresh veggies and some avocado and/or cheese, you have all you need! We roasted the broccoli and kept all other veggies fresh but you could also roast cauliflower, beets, or even carrots! Tip: these would be taken to the next level if topped with a fried egg…
Recipe for Turmeric Garlic Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Black Beans & Roasted Broccolini
for the turmeric garlic cauliflower rice:
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 8-9 garlic cloves (a lot!!), crushed and finely diced
- garlic salt
- curry powder
- chipotle powder
- 1 bunch broccolini, roasted with lemon, olive oil, salt & pepper
- 2 cups finely ribboned swiss chard
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- goat cheese (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and spices. Use whatever combination/ however much of each spice you like. I typically just generously sprinkle. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, until warm and soft.
- Divide the swiss chard into two large bowls. Top with cauliflower rice and roasted broccolini.
- Garnish eat bowl with cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and black beans.
- Lastly, sprinkle with goat cheese and dig in!