There are few cereals out there that I like more than a nice, homemade granola. I’ve made various renditions in the past such as Cherry Apricot and my Classic Granola. I pretty much just throw together whatever ingredients I have on hand and hope for the best and this one turned out really well! It’s sweetened only with mashed banana and thickened with a little coconut flour to get ideal clusters. Also, it’s completely vegan, as I made a mixture of flaxseed and water to act as an egg substitute. I like to enjoy it with yogurt or almond milk and banana! Feel free to get creative with various additions such as dried fruit or different nuts and enjoy!
Recipe for Vegan Banana Pecan Granola Clusters
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and warm water and whisk together with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes until thickened.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana. Add the flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Sprinkle onto the baking sheet, then mash together several smaller chunks to achieve large clusters.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, then gently toss the granola and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with yogurt or milk or just on its own!