What’s better than a warm, fresh chocolate chip cookie? Honestly not much if you ask me. Whipping up a batch of these on Sunday happens to be my favorite way to conquer that beginning-of-a-new-week overwhelming fear that sets in when my to-do list is too daunting for comfort. Enter: the freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Dipped in cold vanilla almond milk, they really are the best cure for everything.
Recipe for (The Best!) Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup ghee of grass-fed butter (I’ve been dying to try making these with vanilla bean ghee)
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbs honey (the darker, the better)
- 1 large egg at room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/ chunks (or both!)
- optional add-in: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, cream together the ghee (or butter), coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add both flours, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined then stir in the chocolate (and walnuts if using) by hand.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Place another piece of parchment on top and gently flatten cookies.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, or until golden. Enjoy with a glass of your favorite milk!