I don’t like to play favorites, but this just might be my favorite meal ever. What started as an attempt to use what I had lying around (spring onions, organic chickpeas, roasted red pepper hummus) ended up being on of the most delicious dinners I have ever had. The best part is that these little toasts are incredibly easy to make and you can even make them for a crowd! I also ended up with leftovers, which tasted delicious as breakfast the next morning (served with a fried egg of course!). It goes without saying that I plan on now making these weekly.
Recipe for Sautéed Chickpeas on Sweet Potato Toasts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 bunches spring onions, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- roasted red pepper hummus
- Trader Joe’s Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 large sweet potato
- smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato width-wise into rounds, each about 1″ thick.
- Spread the sweet potato rounds evenly on the baking sheet in one layer. (I’ve been roasting oil-free sweet potato lately, but you could add a drizzle of olive, coconut, or avocado oil if you’d like).
- Sprinkle the sweet potato with smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Bake the rounds for about 40 mins, flipping halfway through.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a medium cast iron skillet. Add the spring onions and sautée.
- Once the spring onions are cooked and bright green, add both aminos’, the chickpeas, and season with salt and pepper. Sautée for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and cool briefly.
- Spread about a tablespoon of hummus on each sweet potato round then top with a spoonful of the chickpeas. Drizzle with green goddess dressing and enjoy!