I have an affinity for anything pb & j flavored — it’s a classic combination that I’ll never tire of. This banana bread exceeded expectations in term of the flavor I was anticipating. Sometimes peanut powder becomes less potent and rather flavorless in recipes so I used a heaping 1/4th cup of Crazy Richard’s and a teaspoon of salt to draw out the flavor and the result as truly delicious. Make this to enjoy for breakfast and then save the rest for an afternoon snack. It will stay fresh for about 3 days on the counter… if it lasts that long!
Recipe for PB Banana Bread with Strawberry Chia Swirl
- 4 (very very!) ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup flaxseed + 1/2 cup of warm water (pre-mixed and let sit for about 5 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup peanut powder (I like Crazy Richard’s)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberry or berry chia seed jam
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the bananas, flaxseed/ water compote, acv, salt, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, peanut powder, and baking soda and blend until just combined.
- Pour about 2 cups of the batter into a baking pan to form a uniform layer, about 1 inch thick. Dollop on a couple tablespoons of chia jam and swirl gently with a fork.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and chia jam, finishing with chia jam. Swirl gently on top to evenly spread the jam.
- Bake for about 55 mins to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.